Friday, October 1, 2010
Its long, but please read!
So… today me my mother and gavin are at The most awesome bread place in mesa.. “whole Grain” ( if you haven’t been you need to go.) we were picking up 80 loafs of bread.. yes 80. It was for one of my moms catering jobs. So we pull up… Gavin is snoring in the back seat so we of coarse leave the car on open the door and the back so we could load up the bread. Keep in mind where we parked to the actual counter where you pay is maybe 12 feet away… So I grab an armful of the bagged bread and head out to the car when a man stops me and says “ mam, do you know its against the law to leave your child in the car?” I said yes I do I was standing by the door watching him. Im just helping my mom load a bunch of bread. Right after I say this my mom walks up and says ‘’whats going on?” and the man again says, “don’t you know its against the law to leave a child in the car. My mom snaps back and says excuse me we are just loading up bread… 80 loafs may I add. And he says ‘’ did you not hear, me.. its against the law.” My mother is feisty. Or should I say VERY feisty. So she says back worry about yourself.. and walks away. Well the man didn’t take it very well and says ‘’ would you like me to call the cops?” my mom says “go right ahead..” so the man goes back and gets in his truck… BLOCKS US IN SO WE CANT LEAVE!!! Are you kidding me?! He sat on the phone with the cops identifying my moms tahoe…. While we were blocked in.. Seriously? So after waiting about 5-6 minutes he had to move because where he was stopped he was blocking in the car next to us too. So at this point we weren’t blocked in anymore. Well a big huge black guy was watching this whole scenario. He was sitting on his phone in his car and saw us chillen in the car. He finally got out and asked my mom and I if we were ok. My mom told him what the heck was going on (while the man was still on the phone with the cops by his truck). Well he was a chandler police officer and said mam, he has no right to stop you.. just go. If the police this it is an emergency they will come to your home. Most likely you wont see or hear from them. They have better things to be worrying about. my mom called the old man a few choice words and we drove off and thanked the big black guy. And now im at home.. looking out the window just waiting for the cops to show up and throw me in jail.. My question is though. Was I in the wrong?? I was in whole grain for not even 45 seconds, grabbed bread and came to put it in the back of my moms car while gavin was sleeping in his carseat.. Should I have woke him up.. and dragged him in along with carrying a bunch of bread? Really!? Let me know what you would of done. Thanks for letting me vent. Im pissed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW! I was just browsing around and saw your post and I am pissed right now. That is harrassment and I'm sure Nathan is NOT happy about that. I coudn't even imagine if someone did that to my wife, but she would just tell them that she is a lawyer and knows how to use the law. That's what you should do next time. And you are not in the wrong. That man is ridiculous and should be fined for harrassment!
ReplyDeleteI still can't believe he blocked you in! If only I coulda seen your mom being "feisty"! Crazy man!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh that is so ridiculous! That guy was an idiot and I don't think you were in the wrong! I love your fiesty mom though! She is hilarious!
ReplyDelete